Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh Router Can't Connect to Netflix, AppleTV or Prime

SteveBen
Guide

Nighthawk Mesh Router Can't Connect to Netflix, AppleTV or Prime

I think this is my model, but it's a brand new (2021) wifi 6 Nighthawk router. I bought it because I have a four-story house with a TV and a Peloton on the top floor and TV's on the other three. My CenturyLink fiber optic works great, and on the 2nd and 3rd floors, I have no problem connecting to anything. The first and top floors are too far away from the CenturyLink modem/wifi router, so the signlal keeps having to buffer. I bought this $200 router with two satelites to fix this issue. 

I can connect my computers and phones to the Netgear router and they work fine. The Peloton on the fourth floor connects just fine to the Netgear router. While all four TV's show that the Netgear wifi is connected and there is internet, not one of them will load Netflix, AppleTV or Prime, although they load YouTube just fine. The TV's all connect to these apps just fine when they are on the CenturyLink connection, although it's too weak for two of the four floors. 

I have spent no less than 6 hours (honestly) with 10 or so Netgear technicians and not one of them can fix the issue. We've done everything from change all the DNS settings, to updating firmware to changing the CenturyLink modem to "bridge only mode". Netgear even sent me a brand new router which I tried to set up with them on the phone today. After another 1.5 hours, we are in exactly the same place. 

Netgear has to know about this issue because people are complaining on their on "Netgear Community"! Why don't they admit they don't know how to fix it and give people their money back? I'm trying to do just that and they are being a pain in the *ss. I will never buy another Netgear router. Never had this trouble with anyother brand before. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh Router Can't Connect to Netflix, AppleTV or Prime

What model router do you have? The R7800 mentioned at the bottom is NOT a wifi 6 router. 

Do you have a RAX model router? IF so, then Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH WiFi 6 router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

If you have a NH MESH MK system, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk MESH products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH MESH products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Mesh-System/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-mesh-system
Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
SteveBen
Guide

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats