Re: Nighthawk R 7000 update issues

Trace
Follower

Nighthawk R 7000 update issues

I updated to V1.0.9.34_10.2.36 firmware recently and since then my internet has been super sluggish. I rebooted the router a couple times with no luck. Is there a fix?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
BoomerBlade
Aspirant

I've got it even worse.  Upon checking the main router login page, I see that the brand new 1.0.9.34 version was available, and I tell it to go ahead and install.  Come back 10 mins later, and it's locked up, whole network is down, and the power light is just steadily blinking away white.

Followed several netgear threads down the proverbial rabbit holes.  Reset my IP to be 192.168.1.2, did what I think is a factory reset (assuming it held, as I can ping 192.168.1.1) tried using tftp2 to attempt the reflash with current version, as well as even trying to go back a version.  Several thread's instructions keep saying wait for the green light, but this puppy does not do green.  Amber and white colors are all you get Smiley Happy  A few more rabbit holes, and find that there is a built in W10 version of TFTP.  Got it installed.

TFTP2 ran as admin starts the flash, (nothing, until like pass 3) but just a tick over halfway it craps out, and just says it cannot get a response from the server.  The dos version, again ran as admin, states that it pushed the flash successfully - the instructions say to wait a minute or 2, and the router will reboot, but that has not happened yet.  I'll see what unfolds.

and
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4
BoomerBlade
Aspirant

Had to hard reset the router 3x, but finally got it to hold, and to accept the tftp update.  Several reboots later, and works like a charm again.  Here's hoping that the above mentioned speeds aren't an issue.

Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

Other than you travails of updating the router to the latest flash you've not told us anything about speed but it was 'sluggish'?

What is your ISP Speed? What speed do you have? Is QoS on? Would be nice to know that?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements