Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 P2P settings:

rgcaryjr
Aspirant

Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 P2P settings:

Hello Everyone,

I use a security camera that shows P2P not connecting and I'm not sure if my external connection to the camera is related to that? It used to work on the Verizon network and my home wifi, but now only works on my home wifi, also worth noting that I can connect to the camera's external IP while off my wifi network through a computer just fine. I used to have a P2P connection on my old Netgear router, but I don't see that on this new one? I also use Netgear parent controls where it could be related to that or OpenDNS, but not sure so thought I'd ask if anyone else had this issue before and what you would recommend checking.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2
rgcaryjr
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 P2P settings:

I figured this out on my own. If it helps anyone it was related to the netgreat parental controls and opendns I've been tweaking to keep my family safe. The video sharing needed to be unchecked on both area to have the NC-335PW-HD-1080P camera work correctly. Once that was unchecked the P2P on the camera would successfully connect. Other security cameras that I use don't have this problem even if it's checked. 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements