Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6400v2

Rosales63
Aspirant

Nighthawk R6400v2

My nighthawk router isn’t sending out an internet signal or wifi. I know it’s not the modem or my ISP because I’ve connected a computer directly to my modem & it worked perfectly. I’ve tried resetting both my router and modem numerous times. All lights are good on my router but none of my devices will connect. I even tried doing a factory reset on my router but still nothing.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R6400v2

what firmware are you on? 

What modem is it connected to? 

If you're directly connected to the router hardwired, does it work?
Is the wifi broadcasting but when you connect it says "connected, no internet" or is it not broadcasting at all? 

Message 2 of 4
Rosales63
Aspirant

The firmware is updated. When I did the factory reset it updated on the app and almost connected but then it didn’t.
It’s connected to a ARRIS surfboard modem.
No it doesn’t work even if I’m directly connected to it.
The wifi seems to be broadcasting, anything that does seem to connect shows “connected, no internet”.
Thanks for the reply!
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@Rosales63 wrote:
The firmware is updated. When I did the factory reset it updated on the app and almost connected but then it didn’t.
It’s connected to a ARRIS surfboard modem.
No it doesn’t work even if I’m directly connected to it.
The wifi seems to be broadcasting, anything that does seem to connect shows “connected, no internet”.
Thanks for the reply!

1. the "latest" or "its updated" doesn't tell us much. it might not be, it could be on a version that had issues, and it doesn't help anyone in the future when those numbers do change. 

2. Arris makes a lot of modems and modem/router combo devices. Please look at it and find the model number. 

3. If you directly connect to it, what happens. "it doesn't work" doesn't tell us what exactly happens. can you ping it? can you log into it? 

4. the "connected, no internet" seems to imply the router is working but isn't getting a connection to the modem.  which brings us back to question 1 and 2

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7