Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R6850: can't log onto Apple app store

Stanlhui
Aspirant

Nighthawk R6850: can't log onto Apple app store

Hello

I have a nighthawk R6850 - macos Mojave (couldn't find it from the dropdown list above 😞 ). Two issues occurred:

1. After updated firmware v1.1.0.54, I can't log onto Apple's app store (China) both from my iphone and macbook. I can access it from anywhere else, including friends' homes, work place, and hotels. I haven't find other logon issues, just with app store. 

2. can't register my product both from app or browser. Its warranty already expires.

Much appreciate any support.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk R6850: can't log onto Apple app store

Have you tried to roll back the firmware and then check if you are still seeing the same issues?

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to roll back the firmware and then check if you are still seeing the same issues?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Stanlhui
Aspirant

Rolled firmware back to V1.1.0.52. Now it works fine to access Apple's app store. Thanks

Message 3 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@ChristineT  @Christian_R  more router bugware - take action or create a "roll back to the previous firmware" KB entry for this ****.

Message 4 of 5
myersw
Master

Maybe Netgear needs to fire all current engineers and start over. It seems like the current group, in house or out sourced to not have the capability to fix on going issues. 

@DarrenM @ChristineT @Christian_R

Is it possible to get a statement from Netgear regarding the firmware engineers. Some folks say in house, and some say they are 3rd party outsourced. Inquiring minds want to know. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7