Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R700 - Not appearing in Wifi Network

lewis02
Aspirant

Nighthawk R700 - Not appearing in Wifi Network

Hi-

I moved and decided to use my old wifi router, rather than renting one from my new isp. I've been trying to set it up, but the router is not appearing on my wifi network options.

I tried factory resetting - waiting until lights turn orange and everything. I tried power cycling everything, modem, wifi router, and computer. 

I was able to connect to the internet through the wifi router with an ethernet cable. I was able to go to  routerlogin.net  and login, set up password and answer security questions. I searched for firmware updates and it said that there were no new updates.

After that, I unplugged the modem, unplugged the wifi router, powered down computer. After 2 mins I plugged in modem, 2 mins later I plugged in wifi router, 2 mins later I turned on computer.

Still nothing!

Please help. I've done all that I know how to do. I don't know why the router is not appearing in my wifi network options. 

Thanks in Advance!

Jen

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R700 - Not appearing in Wifi Network

did the wifi on/off button get hit during the move? 

push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

Message 2 of 7
lewis02
Aspirant

I forgot to add that I read somewhere to try holding to two buttons (wifi on/off and wps) for 7 seconds. I tried that too.

I then tried to use the button to turn the wifi signal off, made sure the lights went off. Then turned it back on, lights turned back on.

I also turned wifi on/off on computer to see if the network would appear. It did not, this was all before I logged into routerlogin.net via ethernet.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What does the router show through the status page for wifi? 

What firmware are you on? 

What modem did you connect it to? 

Have you tried a different device? 

Message 4 of 7
lewis02
Aspirant

I am helping a friend over the phone. I will have to pick back up on this when I am actually at her house. 

routerlogin.net is now just saying she is not connected to the wifi network. 😕

After we did the factory reset, routerlogin.com brought her to a screen to setup password, etc...

now it is bringing her to the not connected to wifi network screen. So she isn't able to see which version of firmware it has. 

She is using a motorola surfboard sb6141 modem.

We tried ipad and laptop to connect to the wifi network. It's still just not appearing.

Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

Its a struggle when you're getting info 3rd hand. 

Message 6 of 7
antinode
Guru

> routerlogin.net is now just saying she is not connected to the wifi
> network. 😕

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1976674

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos