Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Only allowing certain machines to see Readyshare

Parker98
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Only allowing certain machines to see Readyshare

Having a crazy problem with my Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Router. It is on a Uninterruptable Power Supply, but we have had some power interruptions in recent days. Everything was working fine.  I upgraded to latest firmware version V1.0.9.6_1.2.19. Now on a wired machine and a wifi machine it can’t find Readyshare. But if I go to wifi machine that wasn’t on when upgrade was done it finds Readyshare and works fine. Also on a wifi machine if I signon with different user ID I can access Readyshare. Readycloud also works on any machine. Any help would be appreciated on why these two machines can’t find Readyshare. All windows 10 and Apple IOS Readycloud works on network.

Here are screenshots from machine not seing Readyshare.

Readyshare1.jpg

Readyshare2.jpg

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Parker98
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Only allowing certain machines to see Readyshare

Thanks for reply. I figured it out. When the firmware was upgraded it set the Workgroup back to default name Workgroup. When I restored the correct name the problem went away.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
Parker98
Aspirant

Also rebooted machines and router.

Message 2 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi Parker98,

Please try this.

1. Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Windows Credentials

2. Add a Windows Credential

3. Enter the directions to the router and the router's user name and password. See example below:

\\readyshare

admin

password

4. Click on OK

5. Check to see if you are able to access the drive via Windows Explorer

Message 3 of 10
Parker98
Aspirant

Unfortunately didn't work. Something really crazy because any machine that wasn't on when the problem started boots up and connects. Just two machines one a laptop and one a desktop won't connect to readyshare.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 10
IrvSp
Master

@Parker98 wrote:

Unfortunately didn't work. Something really crazy because any machine that wasn't on when the problem started boots up and connects. Just two machines one a laptop and one a desktop won't connect to readyshare.

Possible the machines that were on suffered some file corruption when they lost power? Try deleting the READYSHARE references and rebuilding them (including the certificates).

Message 5 of 10
Parker98
Aspirant

Not quite sure what is readyshare references. Is readyshareconnect.exe still available and would it help?

Message 6 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Message 7 of 10
Parker98
Aspirant

Gave it a try and it got Windows cannot access \\readyshare error 0x80070035. Thanks for responding.

Message 8 of 10
JamesGL
Master

Hi,

This could be the reason why you are unable to access it due to SMB1 is disabled.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R6700-ReadyShare-drive-not-accessible-after-...

Message 9 of 10
Parker98
Aspirant

Thanks for reply. I figured it out. When the firmware was upgraded it set the Workgroup back to default name Workgroup. When I restored the correct name the problem went away.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7