Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Prevents Internet Access on WIFI only

RonOlson
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Prevents Internet Access on WIFI only

I bought 3 of these Routers, the older one started giving me problems, first it would not alow any wireless access so I tried different equipment My laptop with windows 10 on it hooked up then dropped out after a short time then I switched to wired devices. the wired devices worked until I updated the Window software. So, of cource I removed it. Then 3 days later it stopped working and I did the standard rebout in the right order, etc. Needing the internet right away I stole the same model I was using else where and it works with the wired connections so I went into the WIFI section and change the security setings. it will only work with the Security settings removed. I can't run like this long for obvious reasons. What should I do? By the way it has the latest firmware installed on the router.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Prevents Internet Access on WIFI only

I've had drop out problems when I didn't reserve IP addresses in the router and started getting IP conflicts when the router tried to assign more than one network device to a single IP address.  This is especially bad when cell phones leave the network/house and re-enter the network/house.

First turn on all your network connected devices.  Then you could log into the router and go to the Advanced tab select Setup and LAN Setup under that.  Use the +Add button on the bottom of the screen to add the device IP addresses one at a time and click Apply at the top of the page after adding all of them for good measure.

If that doesn't work you might have to reset the router by pressing in the reset button on the back of the router for at least 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts blinking.  This should clear out all the old IP address assignments.  Try turning off all the network connected devices first before the router reset/reboot then turn them on one at a time so that each one can get a unique IP address after the router boots up from the reset.  Then redo the add IP reservation procedure as previously stated.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Prevents Internet Access on WIFI only

I've had drop out problems when I didn't reserve IP addresses in the router and started getting IP conflicts when the router tried to assign more than one network device to a single IP address.  This is especially bad when cell phones leave the network/house and re-enter the network/house.

First turn on all your network connected devices.  Then you could log into the router and go to the Advanced tab select Setup and LAN Setup under that.  Use the +Add button on the bottom of the screen to add the device IP addresses one at a time and click Apply at the top of the page after adding all of them for good measure.

If that doesn't work you might have to reset the router by pressing in the reset button on the back of the router for at least 10 seconds until the power light turns orange and starts blinking.  This should clear out all the old IP address assignments.  Try turning off all the network connected devices first before the router reset/reboot then turn them on one at a time so that each one can get a unique IP address after the router boots up from the reset.  Then redo the add IP reservation procedure as previously stated.

Message 2 of 3
RonOlson
Aspirant

Thank you for your input, however I tried all those things already. ***Your post did trigger a thought (I.P. Conflicts) I found another Router plugged in at a remote site. I.P. asignment conflicts seems to be the problem. We were going to use it as an A.P. but it can not be configured as such and some how it got plugged in. Thank you for all your help.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7