Nighthawk R7000 Devices attach multiple times and number of attached devices is negative

IamQuadzilla
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 Devices attach multiple times and number of attached devices is negative

When using routerlogin.net the number of attached devices is negative AND devices attach multiple times (same MAC, different IPs).  I've rebooted router and cleared cache.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Devices attach multiple times and number of attached devices is negative

Hello @IamQuadzilla

Welcome to the community!

I suggest that you upgrade the firmware of the router to the latest release.

See this link for the steps and the firmware.

After firmware upgrade, kindly reset the router by pushing the reset hole with a paperclip for 10 seconds.

Once done, reconfigure the router as if it's brand new out of the box.

Here's an article on how to configure the router.

If you already have the connection, see if you can now see the devices to be listed under attached devices.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 2 of 4
IamQuadzilla
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Devices attach multiple times and number of attached devices is negative

I updated the firmware and reset (paper clip) the router.  Two devices still attach multiple times.  They are a Directv DVR (Genie) and Directv connection kit (CCK).  Any idea how to stop this from occurring?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you try this beta firmware?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements