Nighthawk R7000 IPv6 issues

Draknith
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 IPv6 issues

Hello,

I have upgraded from my old TP-LINK Archer C5 to the R7000 and I have issues with the IPV6. I have been going back and forth with my ISP, and everything is OK on their end (and I believe them, I had no issues whatsoever with my old router (I use a PPPoE connection, with dynamic IPs & DNS'). If it matters, I have a Windows 10 64bit.

No matter what I select at Advanced > IPv6 > connection type (Auto detect, Auto config, PPPoE), the router doesn't see neither of the IPv6, nor the DNS for it.

Updated to the latest firmware available, reset the router 2 times, nothing worked. If I plug the cable straight into my PC, everything is OK.

I saw that this issue was posted several times on the forum, however NETGEAR stayed quiet, although is a known issue for more than a year.

Any help would be much appreciated

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 IPv6 issues

Hi Draknith,

Can you try using the firmware version 1.0.5.64 and check if it works.

http://kb.netgear.com/30695/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-64

http://kb.netgear.com/30766/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-5-70

Message 2 of 3
bascaves
Apprentice

Re: Nighthawk R7000 IPv6 issues

Hello,

IPV6 with my R7000 doesn't work. My ISP is totally switching to IPV6 soon and I have 3 Netgear R7000.

Firmware Version
V1.0.7.10_1.2.3

I noticed that:

PC sometimes get IPV6 address from ISP IPV6 range.

Although Netgear R7000 pickup IPV6 DNS addresses. It doesn't get propagate to the WIndows 10 Laptop (Lenovo P50)

With instable software from Netgear. It is the worst decision I made to buy Netgear. I spend 500 Euro on Netgear gear that you can scrap.

1. Guest network enabled hangs 2.4G Wifi Internet connectivity

2. IPV6 doesn't work out of the box with auto-config/auto-detect

3. Enabling MAC-address filtering skills performance of R7000

Netgear get your act together our you are getting out of this market.

Brgds,

Bas.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E