Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Mimo router repeatedly blocks wifi internet on multiple devices but not laptop

Mucko
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 Mimo router repeatedly blocks wifi internet on multiple devices but not laptop

I have a very odd problem.  The R7000 has no problem with internet hard wired - anything plugged in will connect fine so I know its not the internet itself. I have 100mbs cable internet.

I have two networks setup - one 2.4ghz and one 5ghz.  I can connect to the 2.4ghz on my laptop only - 3 different cell phones, 2 tablets and a Nintendo switch can connect to the wifi network but have no internet access to 2.4ghz. 5ghz states its working, devices can connect but nothing can get internet access on it.

I have factory reset the router and reset up the networks. They work for a few hours to a few days and then the problems start again.  It is not a signal strength problem - whether I am 2 feet from the router or in the other room the same problem exists - connection to wifi is good but no internet access.  I have restarted the router as well - it will fix it for a short period of time and then the issue creeps up again.

I have also changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Google) to see if somehow that was the issue. It does not help at all with the random internet blocking of various devices. I cannot detect anywhere in any of the router settings that it has actually blocked anything nor are there any warnings.

I am really out of ideas about why this is occurring and am looking for any bit of help.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Mimo router repeatedly blocks wifi internet on multiple devices but not laptop

Hi Mucko,

What is the firmware version of the router? Make sure to update it.

Reset the router after the update.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Mucko,

What is the firmware version of the router? Make sure to update it.

Reset the router after the update.

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Mucko,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7