Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 - Not able to Login to Parental Control

sujit_singh2001
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 - Not able to Login to Parental Control

After I updated the firmware, I was not able to loggin to Parental Control even though I have the correct user ID and password. I then logged in to the same OpenDNS account and deleted the account. Now I created a new DNS account and when i try to login to Parental Control using the new OpenDNS account it states that my device is already registered with another account. Kindly Help. I am using Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. I installed Netgear Genie on my Windows 10 PC and then ran the firmware update and this caused the issue i believe.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Sparty1
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 - Not able to Login to Parental Control

I still had the old install file in my downloaded items.  Try this link, I haven't used Firefox Share before but this will share it for 24 hours or 2 downloads.

https://send.firefox.com/download/6d14c17882/#IG6gICteyKWzzx_Oo6hEdA

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Sparty1
Aspirant

I also had similar issues after upgrading my Netgear Genie program on 2 separate Windows 7 PC's.

My R7000 has the latest firmware version V1.0.9.18 and I've been running Netgear Genie Desktop version 2.4.50.  Live Parental Controls enabled and everything working as expected.  I responded to the program banner button that an upgrade is available and after the upgrade, I experienced issues with my login to OpenDNS, my bypass account login / logout was not functioning consistently or properly.  I took a number of steps to troubleshoot the issue such as:

- resetting passwords in OpenDNS and bypass account

- uninstalling and reinstalling latest version of Netgear Genie Desktop

- rebooting everything

- check on another PC after upgrade to 2.4.52, same issues

- Check Netgear Genie Live Parental Controls on my Android device - all functioned as expected

- Uninstall Netgear Genie and re-install old version (2.4.50).  Everything functioning normal.

Based on this, I'm guessing there is either a bug in 2.4.52 or the upgrade / uninstall process has an issue preventing the upgrade version from functioning as intended.  I would not upgrade Netgear Genie Desktop to 2.4.52 unless you have a specific reason to do so and if you are experiencing problems, I would suggest using version 2.4.50 or restoring the version installed prior to any upgrade.

I was looking for a way to report this as a potential bug to Netgear but there doesn't really appear to be a way to do that.

Message 2 of 6
sujit_singh2001
Aspirant

Thank you. Yes, i too tried all these steps except installing the old version.

Will try that out now.

Message 3 of 6
sujit_singh2001
Aspirant

Could you please suggest how to install the old version or restore it!

Message 4 of 6
Sparty1
Aspirant

I still had the old install file in my downloaded items.  Try this link, I haven't used Firefox Share before but this will share it for 24 hours or 2 downloads.

https://send.firefox.com/download/6d14c17882/#IG6gICteyKWzzx_Oo6hEdA

Message 5 of 6
sujit_singh2001
Aspirant

Thank you so much. Its working now.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos