Re: Nighthawk R7000 Poor Performance

Vahle48
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 Poor Performance

Bought my R7000 in January to improve coverage and consistency of 200mbps cable connection. Performance and coverage had been great...until yesterday, that is. I am now experiecing the following: inability to stay connected to either 2.4 or 5ghz - sometimes I can connect to 5ghz, only to have it disconnect or switch to orginal Spectrum crappy modem/router, low/inconsistent download speeds, sporadic streaming interruptions on multiple devices (phone, tv, etc.), poor signal, poor app performance, etc., etc. I have updated the firmware yesterday, and have performed a reset of the device three times now, but have been unable to get a strong, consistent signal, even when standing 10 feet away from the router. 

Any suggestions on how to fix? Thanks!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Ctanner589
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Poor Performance

Mine has done the exact same thing... However, the only time I have had this happen is whenever there is a Firmware update. If you are using the Nighthawk app or you have a computer connected directly to the router (wireless is not recommended), you can update the firmware for the router from those.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E