Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Red LED on POE wired to IP CAMERA

JJ77
Tutor

Nighthawk R7000 Red LED on POE wired to IP CAMERA

Have the router wired out line into the POE unit LAN port and the camera wired line into the POE unit POE port. Everything works fine but the router wired LED is red? 

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JJ77
Tutor

Searay, Thank You for the reply. I did read the whole manual. Maybe I am color blind, but the LED looks red!!! In an  event I will assume the red is the new orange and everything is OK  Also appreciate all replys!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

It's orange meaning 10 100,  read the manual

Message 2 of 6
VE6CGX
Master

Red or Orange? If red I have no idea. If orange it is running at 100mbps max. speed. Not at 1Gbps . Maybe your camera LAN is

100mbps port

Message 3 of 6
JJ77
Tutor

Searay, Thank You for the reply. I did read the whole manual. Maybe I am color blind, but the LED looks red!!! In an  event I will assume the red is the new orange and everything is OK  Also appreciate all replys!

Message 4 of 6
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

The POE device is unlikely to do anything other than apply power to the appropriate lines, so is unlikely to affect the Link Rate. IP Cameras commonly operate at 100 Mbps, there is typically no need for the bandwidth that gigabit rates would provide.

Message 5 of 6
JJ77
Tutor

Really appreciate the response. I did find my room overhead LED lighting made the orange router LED look red. Turning off the room light made the router light orange.. Really liking this router vs the Belkin N900 it replaced.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7