Nighthawk R7000 Router 2.4 Ghz stopped working

gumby777
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 Router 2.4 Ghz stopped working

I've had my R7000 for about 4 months and it worked great until about a week ago.  The WiFi signal was intermittent on the 2.4 Ghz side and sometimes would connect with "no internet".  At this point, it connects, but doesn't provide internet at all.  The 5G side works fine.  I've read where many people have had this problem.  I've read the solutions provided, as this topic shows close, but all I see is a lot of factory reset, try a different channel and  manual configs.  Before I go down the road of spending a lot of my time troubleshooting different things, is there a definite fix for this issue?  I don't mind troubleshooting, but it seems there should be a definite solution to a common issue as this point. I didn't buy the Best Buy protection plan, so I can't go swap it out and I'm passed my 90 call in support window.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
icatt23
Guide

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Router 2.4 Ghz stopped working

It's not dropping wireless connection.  It's the router disconnecting from the internet randomly.  It's been happening for years with no fix.  Should be recalled.  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E