Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted

Nighthawk R7000 Router Firmware

Hello Nighthawk Community,

NETGEAR recently discovered a couple of bugs in the most recent version of Nighthawk R7000 firmware that affect some customers.  NETGEAR is updating and retesting the firmware. A firmware upgrade will be available as soon as possible.

If you are using a Nighthawk R7000 router and you want to revert to firmware version 1.0.4.30, click Download Nighthawk R7000 firmware.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ChristineT

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 1 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Router Firmware

I did revert to version 1.0.4.30, but now I can not access my router. I am using it in AP mode. I would rather not go back to factory default settings, so please help.

Message 2 of 68
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Please provide a little more detail about your problem. Do you mean you cannot access the web GUI? Does it otherwise appear to work (active WiFi bands, internet access by connected clients, etc)? Did you try connecting to it via an ethernet cable?
Message 3 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

This is my problem. Before, I coud access the router web GUI by entering the ip address oin my web browser. After updating the firmware to 1.0.4.30 I am not able to access the router GUI by entering the ip address in my web browser. My internet connection works fine, also after the firmware update. I always use an ethernet cable connecting my laptop with my router. The wifi connection is also enabled on the router and for what I can see on the router both the 5ghz and wifi connection lights are on.

Message 4 of 68
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

reset the router and reboot pc while using wired PC connection

Message 5 of 68
Highlighted
Virtuoso

Perhaps the IP address of the LAN changed. That is why using "routerlogin.net" should work. The router intercepts this DNS request and returns the router IP address.

You can verify you have the right IP address by checking the IP properties of your PC's ethernet connection. Or open a cmd window and enter the command "ipconfig", find thentry for the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection and see what is listed for the Default Gateway, that is your router IP address.

Message 6 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Can you give an update on the problemsolving for the new firmware. I've bought 2 Arlo Security camera's wich i can't install with the current version.

Message 7 of 68
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @RobSteijn Kindly register your Arlo cameras and once done let me know so I will forward you to our support team for further assistance.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 8 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

I still have not heard of the firmware update for the R7000. I really need this for my Arlo camera's. Can you give mee an update

Message 9 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

It has been over a month...where's the latest firmware?  My R7000 is dropping WAN connection for 10 minutes or so, several times a day.  When I listen to the device it sounds like a rattlesnake inside.  This started happening when I upgraded to the latest firmware  (prior to it being pulled).  Could this be permanent damage?  I have downgraded to the latest available but I'm still experiencing symptoms.

Message 10 of 68
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Most electronic failures happen when turned on, I have tried all the FW versions and haven't had any noises before or after useing them. One or more capacitors are likely making the noise and will evently pop disabling the router.

Message 11 of 68
Highlighted
Tutor

Any updates on new FW?
Message 12 of 68
Highlighted
Guide

If this is "as soon as possible" I'd hate to see as slow as possible
Message 13 of 68
Highlighted
Tutor

Hi,

Now it's more than 1,5 months since we got the information "A firmware upgrade will be available as soon as possible" for the R7000 router.

Will there be any new version of the firmware at all?!

Regards,

Stefan

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 14 of 68
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi steoli,

The firmware is still on QA testing before it will be released.

Message 15 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Did you manage to solve the dropping connection problem? I have the same -exactly on every 15 minutes - and had my router replaced. The new one has the same after running for 1 week. I tried MTU sizes, miltiple firmware versions, all kinds of resets....
Message 16 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Oops...that was meant to be a follow up question on Netnerdy's problem
Message 17 of 68
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Check your power supply. 

Message 18 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

The new router came with a new powercord, I plugged it in a different wall socket to give your solution a try and will see how it works out.

Thanks!
Message 19 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

What version of the firmware are you on with these drops?  I am about to try the beta because the drops are killing me.  Trying to watch stream media and have to keep clicking play.  Just a pain whe you have 150 pipe down.

Message 20 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Can we hope for TUN based OpenVPN support in the upcoming firmware? It's pretty hard to use the vpn server from an android device else..

Cheers.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 21 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

I tried multiple versions of the firmware ams was advises to replace the router with a new one. Out of the box it runs version 1.0.4.30, it was stable for 1,5 week before the problem occured again. Powercycle helped, but I doubt it will be a permanent solution.
I will try version 1.0.4.28, but doubt it will be a permanent solution.

What bothers me, is that I have been in contact with Netgear since September last yeat and was told they'd never heard of the problem, whilevitbis clear lots of customers have this exact same issue.
Message 22 of 68
Highlighted
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Brain150,

You may try using the beta firmware for R7000. 

Message 23 of 68
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

Thank you, I downloaded the beta, but did not flash it yet. Since using the the 'stable' version results in the same problems, I doubt that yet another firmware will solve it. What is changed in the beta version to make sure it doesn't occur anymore? Has a hardware error of some kind been looked into?

Message 24 of 68
Highlighted
Tutor

What is the difference between the beta version and 1.0.6.28? 

After some initial set-up trouble, I have been running 1.0.6.28 for several weeks with no issues.  I am using the OpenVPN feature extensively to connect to home from work and it works well.  (Not using Arlo functionality).  I am hoping that the next official release won't take away any new functionality (OpenVPN).  I also would prefer not to have to perform a factory reset after every firmware update.

Message 25 of 68