JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 Router Firmware

Hi Brain150,

The beta version corrects the issue that was present or issue reported by users when using the 1.0.6.28 firmware. It also has the Arlo and other features. 

Hi jtsaox,

If your router is working fine with the 1.0.6.28 firmware, you may continue to use it and no need to update to the beta firmware.

Message 26 of 68
oertje
Aspirant

I have version V1.0.4.30_1.1.67, but now after several weeks very much problems

Help please, all my cams which I gave a port, they are having a different port

what must I do, I can not go every day in routerlogin to set the ports

terrible it is Netgear

Message 27 of 68
MaxPower49
Aspirant

Kinda baffled that there hasnt been an official fix for this yet. Seems like kind of a huge problem. My network is completely unusable right now. Dropping connection every 30 minutes or so. I was about 30 minutes from throwing this Nightwhak in the trash and going to buy something else when I stumbled across this thread.  

Message 28 of 68
Brain150
Aspirant

in another thread (community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R7000-2-4ghz-not-working-but-5ghz-is-fine/td-p/980759/highlight/false/page/33) a new beta firmware is mentioned (v1.0.5.60).

Which one should we try?

Message 29 of 68
Retired_Member
Not applicable

As much as I dig this router, as fast it went south with support and firmware after I got it. Don't want to be impolite and maybe this is getting me banned, but I saw better.

My old WNDR3800 was just a mule and ran fine. Then I thought I needed more speed. Big mistake. Waiting since more than three months for an appropriate firmware and being asked to play beta tester now. Sorry folks, but this does not make my day.

Message 30 of 68
fibercarbon
Tutor

I AGREE.. I shelled out the extra money and bought this expensive R7000 and the firmware updates have been horrible... 

Message 31 of 68
MaxPower49
Aspirant

I've been having problems on an off for a few weeks... dropping the connection. I've been back and forth between a few of the beta firmwares. None of them helped. Last night I tried to change the firmware again and now the router seems to be completely broken. It won't detect tthe internet cable... yet when I plug straight from the modem into a PC, it works fine. I've tried restoring to factory defaults... didnt help. Beta testing these firmware for Netgear has bricked my router. I'm going to buy a new one tonight. :/

Message 32 of 68
netwrks
Master

Go to this site upgrade to the latest firmware, and be done with it..

Message 33 of 68
MaxPower49
Aspirant

Thank you netwrks! Think you might have solved my problem!

Message 34 of 68
fibercarbon
Tutor

anyone from netgear going to chime in why the R7000 has been pushed to the side and been getting crappy firmware updates? This is unacceptable and needs to be addressed urgently. 

Spoiler
Smiley Indifferent
Message 35 of 68
Millstone
Guide

I'm on 1.04 and my router is broadcasting some Arlo **bleep**, I don't want that and there is no option to turn it off. Please advise.
Message 36 of 68
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Oh do I understand correctly, that Netgear is hiring beta testers here?

Message 37 of 68
lepa71
Guide

MY old tp-link 841 outperforms R7000 on 2.4 band. It's got to be in the firmware.

Message 38 of 68
fibercarbon
Tutor

I agree.. NETGEAR needs to get their act together and release a SOLID Firmware for the R7000 Immediately 

Message 39 of 68
Screwdriver1
Tutor

Running V1.0.5.60_1.1.86 for 10 days uptime with zero issues. 2.4ghz is significantly better than the Asus RT-AC66U I was using.

Message 40 of 68
Dawsson46
Aspirant

Where is the beta software located.  Tyring to get 2.4ghz devices to stay connected.

Message 41 of 68
rpoffen
Virtuoso

@Millstone wrote:
I'm on 1.04 and my router is broadcasting some Arlo **bleep**, I don't want that and there is no option to turn it off. Please advise.

Millstone,

This happens because you had loaded 1.0.6 at one time, then reverted back to 1.0.4 WITHOUT doing a hard reset to factory defaults after downgrading.

Perform a hard reszet back to factory defaults and then re-configure your settings.

Message 42 of 68
sir_bazz
Guide

@rpoffen wrote:

@Millstone wrote:

Millstone,

This happens because you had loaded 1.0.6 at one time, then reverted back to 1.0.4 WITHOUT doing a hard reset to factory defaults after downgrading.

Perform a hard reszet back to factory defaults and then re-configure your settings.

This is fixed in the latest beta.

Message 43 of 68
Retired_Member
Not applicable

R7000-V1.0.5.62_1.1.87 kills my download speed. Since I installed it, my download speeds flap between 0.2 and 85 Mbps, mostly on the lower range with an average of about 50 Mbps.

Reverting back to R7000-V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 gives me my usual 95-110 Mbps with an average of about 100 Mbps.

Upload speeds are the same for both firmwares.

Message 44 of 68
rpoffen
Virtuoso

There have been many reports of speed issues with multiple firmware versions. I am not sure anyone has actually tracked it doen reliably.

Just for grins, try doing a hard reset to defaults.

Message 45 of 68
Millstone
Guide

@rpoffen wrote:

@Millstone wrote:

Millstone,

Is the arlo SSID an actual security vector (can it be accessed) or can it be ignored

Message 46 of 68
schneid
Tutor

My 120mbs TWC connection keeps falling back to 40-60mbs.  Cold or hot booting the router temporary fixes but for less then one-half hour.  Is there a fix?

v1.0.6.28_1.1.83

Message 47 of 68
IrvSp
Master

@schneid wrote:

My 120mbs TWC connection keeps falling back to 40-60mbs.  Cold or hot booting the router temporary fixes but for less then one-half hour.  Is there a fix?

v1.0.6.28_1.1.83

Try the 'official' V1.0.4.30 release. The one you are using has been pulled as it has 'problems'.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29273

Message 48 of 68
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Several hard resets later I can confirm the situation. Does not matter if I change any settingsor not. After loading R7000-V1.0.5.62_1.1.87 the speed to internet (WAN port) is a huge issue. There is no steady data stream, instead it picks up very slow (nearly null) for one or two seconds, when I start the test. Then it goes into an unstable download between 30 and 60 MBit, flapping. Reverting to R7000-V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 gives me a way better result. Takes a moment to pick up speed, after that I got a steady 120 MBit stream. If I connect directly to the modem, thats what I get out of the modem.

Message 49 of 68
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@schneid wrote:

v1.0.6.28_1.1.83

Can confirm your issue. Revert back to V1.0.4.30_1.1.67 including a hard reset. Configure your router again from scratch. Just reverting alone does not work. Seems it leaves remains of the old config in the router, which are messing up the firmware - in layman's terms.

Message 50 of 68
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements