Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 ac1900 keeps losing internet

Jerryt82
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 ac1900 keeps losing internet

Have had this for a year with little to no issues. Working with the Verizon modem hardwired to router. This morning kept getting pixelated streaming and losing connection with certain devices. Rebooted it. All good. Same thing has happened 4 times today. I’m at firmware .88 and have read several topics regarding going backward in firmware. Can’t seem to do it and also when I get to the update page, my router seems to be a lot of versions behind but says no update available when I try to update it. Any help is appreciated
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 ac1900 keeps losing internet

the R7000 is a problem child for firmware. 
It says updated but usually isn't. You can manuall update to the latest following the manual update process. 

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Or you can use the same process and downgrade the firmware. the agreed upon stable version in the 1.0.9.42 version. 

With the r7000, any firmware changes, I'd recommend doing over a hardwired connection and then doing a factory reset and clean install. By clean, I mean don't use a backup configuration 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7