Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 and FTTH slow download speeds but high upload speeds (wired connection)

claretblue
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 and FTTH slow download speeds but high upload speeds (wired connection)

Hi,

Just purchased a AC1900 R7000 and when plugged into my TalkTalk UFO Fibre broadband I can only get 45-50 download speeds although the upload speeds are circa 700.

This is on a wired connection from R7000 to Acer Aspire 5742Z.

If I come straight from modem on wall (same cable) and bypass the R7000 I get 450-500 download speeds and similare upload speeds,

No QoS enabled.

Latest software and have also tried within ealier firmware versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
claretblue
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 and FTTH slow download speeds but high upload speeds (wired connection)

Solved: it turns out when I originally set this up via set up wizard it detected I had PPPoE when in fact this was not necessary and when I removed need to authenticate with Id and password the correct speeds returned. I now have good up and down speeds directly through this router and can box up the Substandard one the TakkTalk supplied (HG635)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
claretblue
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 and FTTH slow download speeds but high upload speeds (wired connection)

Solved: it turns out when I originally set this up via set up wizard it detected I had PPPoE when in fact this was not necessary and when I removed need to authenticate with Id and password the correct speeds returned. I now have good up and down speeds directly through this router and can box up the Substandard one the TakkTalk supplied (HG635)

Message 2 of 3
Neil_McCutcheon
Aspirant

I am also on TalkTalk UFO. I have to connect using PPPoE and am struggling to achieve more than 500Mbit whereas the Huawei router would achieve 870Mbit down and ~940Mbit up.

Are you on the Domestic or Business service?

Are you still getting a healthy data rate?

I would like to hear how it's going for you now.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7