Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 and Playstation Now

Narkis
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 and Playstation Now

Hello there. 

I have a Nighthawk Router and I have been having trouble with trying to get connection with my Playstation Now Account,  When using the nighthawk it says my connection isn't good enough to handle the connection right now but when I plug my PS4 into my modem and Ignore the router it works fine,  

I'm using a wired coection and the Playstation now is like a streaming service for Playsation game (incase people don't know) 

If anyone can help me with this issues that will be great, 

I have also tried to restart my router and Modem and have the same results, I'm going to turn off QoS and see if that helps very soon and will keep you posted 

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi Narkis,

Reset the router after the update and manually reconfigure it. If you are using the QoS, make sure to set the priority of the PlayStation to High if you want it to have more priority with the bandwidth.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Narkis,

1. What is the firmware version of the router? Check support.netgear.com for the latest firmware.

2. What is the speed you can get from the router when using a computer?

3. Please perform a reset and manually reconfigure.

Message 2 of 9
Narkis
Aspirant

I believe I need to update my Firmware as it's not the latest one, 

DL is around 70mbps and Uploads is around 18Mbps 

I will note that when I turned off QoS it worked but I wanted to use that as part of the router 

Message 3 of 9
Narkis
Aspirant

So I updated the Firmware and put QoS back on and it no longer works, 

I have tired the other options and still it doesn't work 

Message 4 of 9
TheEther
Guru

You didn't specify from which and to which firmware version you upgraded.  In any case, you should do a factory reset to erase the settings from the old version.  With all the different versions floating around for the R7000, many of them are not compatible with each other.

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Narkis,

Reset the router after the update and manually reconfigure it. If you are using the QoS, make sure to set the priority of the PlayStation to High if you want it to have more priority with the bandwidth.

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Narkis,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 7 of 9
Narkis
Aspirant

Hello updated my firmware and reset the router seems to have worked, sorry for the late response I've been busy working and had no chance to get to my PC,

Thanks again for all the help and fast response on my issue
Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi Narkis,

Thank you for the feedback. It's my pleasure helping you.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7