Re: Nighthawk R7000 bridging help with CenturyLink ZyXEL C1100Z Modem/Router?

skunkylouou
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 bridging help with CenturyLink ZyXEL C1100Z Modem/Router?

I need help with setting my nighthawk r7000 into bridge mode with my centurylink router/modem... has anyone been successful with this and if so, could I please get step by step directions? I cannot seem to get it set up right. I need it to be wireless! Any help would be much appreciated as I am LOST!!

Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Netgear's "bridge" mode on the R7000 supports only wired clients (i.e. clients must connect via Ethernet to R7000; R7000 connects wirelessly to CenturyLink).  Can you confirm that this is what you want?  If so, then bridge mode can be enabled in Advanced Setup.

OTOH, if you want your R7000 to support both wired and wireless clients, then you must connect the R7000 to your CenturyLink via Ethernet.  You would enable AP Mode, also in Advanced Setup.

Message 2 of 3
avtella
Prodigy

I assume you want to put the CL modem in transparent bridge mode, and the R7000 do the dialing and acting as the main router. Go to advanced then WAN Settings in the modem and change connection type from PPPoE to Transparent Bridging. Then in the R7000 in Internet settings change connection type to PPPoE and enter your CL username/password and dialing option from on demand to always on.

Do not use the CL modem as a router it is very weak overheats and is not as stable under load as the R7000. I use transparent Bridging as mentioned above between my CenturyLink provided C2000T and R7800.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E