Nighthawk R7000 continuously dropping internet connection after firmware update v1.03.4

m34fun
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 continuously dropping internet connection after firmware update v1.03.4

Currently running firmware v1.0.3.4. Checked for a firmware update and the result was that there are none available.  Everything was working fine until yesterday and I lost connection to the extender (AC1900).  I reset the 1900 and the R7500 and now while the wifi signal is strong and consistent, the connection to the internet constantly drops.  I changed the 2.4G to channel 11 and the 5G to channel 161.

The computer I am writing this from is connected via ethernet and it works fine.  I have tried everything that I have read on the forum to no avail.

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router,R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk R7000 continuously dropping internet connection after firmware update v1.03.4

Not sure about all the details by reading your post.  Are you talking only about a R7500 V2 or do you also have a R7000?  If you are using your computer with a CAT5/6 cable is the cable connected to the router or the modem?  Is your internet connection OK and you are having your wireless connections drop out?

Message 2 of 4
m34fun
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000 continuously dropping internet connection after firmware update v1.03.4

I apologize, the router is the Nighthawk X4 Model R7500v.2.  The extender is the AC1900.  There is a CAT 5 cable from the modem to the router and then another CAT 5 cable to my computer.  The internet connection is fine, no problems at all.

What is odd is that I just got back home and there was no internet present on the extender (AC1900).  I unplugged the extender, plugged it back in and got internet back.  It was working when I left a couple of hours ago.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 3 of 4
LeeH
Prodigy

OK.  Maybe the first step in troubleshooting would be to reserve all your IP addresses in the R7500.  I have had a problem in the past with IP conflicts when more than one network connected device received the same IP address from the routers DHCP server.  This is especially bad with cell phones that leave the house and re-enter it later.

First turn on all the devices that connect to your network so they can receive IP addresses from the router.  Then log into the router through the web interface using a web browser.  Select the advanced tab.  Then select Setup and LAN Setup under that.  Use the +Add button at the bottom of the page to add the IP addresses one by one.  After adding all the IP addresses I usually click the Apply button at the top of the page.

Let us know if this helps and when you do have a resolution of the problem please accept the solution that finally resolves your issue so that other people can find your fix and try it also.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E