Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 does readycloud override readyshare?

skdmark
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 does readycloud override readyshare?

I just updated the firmware on my Nighthawk R7000 and decided to try the ReadyCloud option. We have used ReadyShare to access drives on our local network for years.  However, once I set up ReadyCloud I could see the drive on my local network but the files do not show up. Is there a way to use both? I would like the ReadyCloud access for times I am not at home, but it is way too slow for regular use. Plus we have a Sonos that needs to access music from the ReadyShare drive.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk R7000 does readycloud override readyshare?

Hi @skdmark

Welcome to the community!

I have no problems accessing ReadyCloud and local access at the same time. 

After firmware update did you factory reset the router? If you have not, kindly do so.

Once done, reconfigure the router just like how it was then verify if you can access it both.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @skdmark

Welcome to the community!

I have no problems accessing ReadyCloud and local access at the same time. 

After firmware update did you factory reset the router? If you have not, kindly do so.

Once done, reconfigure the router just like how it was then verify if you can access it both.

Message 2 of 5
IrvSp
Master

Are you on Windows 10?

Do you have a CERTIFICATE for READYSHARE (you need one to access the share). If not go into user account in control panel, select manage your credentials this will open 2 options web credentials and windows credentials. Use windows credentials and add a new windows credential. Enter the location of the drive \\readyshare on the first line, windows user name in the second line and windows password in the third line. Should fix the problem.

Message 3 of 5
skdmark
Aspirant

Thanks very much. Once I restarted the router again I was able to access the drive from ReadyShare and ReadyCloud.
Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@skdmark You're very welcome! 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7