Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 internet drops

Jannie57
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 internet drops

Please fix this problem.  With so many people having the same issue, it must be the firmware.   I'm tired of rebooting constantly.  If the suggestion is to back-level my firmware, it is a pretty good indication that there must be a problem with the current firmware (V1.0.11.106).  Please!

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 3
Portwey84
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk R7000 internet drops

@Jannie57  You've mentioned A7000 AC1900 in your footer, but the firmware you refer to is for the R7000 AC1900.

If it is the R7000 AC1900 model you have, you are currently 3 firmware versions behind what your router is running. You may therefore wish to update to the current firmware:

https://kb.netgear.com/000063843/R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-126

Also, with much respect, you're wasting your breath posting here about Netgear's firmware or the constant reboots you state you are having to endure. This is a Community forum, not a direct plea to Netgear for anything. Despite the fact I just don't suffer any of the issues consistently reported on this forum, I do sympathise with your situation.

If you do upgrade your firmware, I highly recommend you don't do it over WiFi, do it over ethernet.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk R7000 internet drops

In addition to the sound advice from @Portwey84, you could also try a reset on your device.

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7