× Some paid Circle Parental controls customers may be showing free options only. Router firmware correcting this issue will be available ASAP. Visit Status.NETGEAR.com for updates.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 not connecting wifi

As of this morning, we are no longer receiving wifi on our devices. I called customer service and they cannot help us without payment of a fee (which my husband didn’t want to pay). Our devices say they are connected to the wifi but when we try to open an app or safari it says there is no connection. Here are the things we have tried:
We called the internet company to make sure that we are receiving a signal from them. It was determined but plugging into our Xbox, that our connection is good.
We tried to restablisb the connection by unplugging the modem and the router, then restarting in that order.
Everything has been “reset” using the button.
Everything has been unplugged for awhile and tried again.
It’s been smacked in the side like an old computer.
I’ve pointed the antemnas directly at my phone.

Nothing seems to be working. If you have any advice, please help. Bedtime is going to be a nightmare for my kids if they don’t have Netflix on their tv. Thanks in advance- Amanda
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Guide

Re: Nighthawk R7000 not connecting wifi

Your case resembles the widespread problem of R7000 losing 2.4GHz wireless connectivity after recent firmware updates?!

R7000 keeps losing 2.4GHz wireless connectivity

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000 not connecting wifi

@Amanda00 wrote:
As of this morning, we are no longer receiving wifi on our devices. I called customer service and they cannot help us without payment of a fee (which my husband didn’t want to pay). Our devices say they are connected to the wifi but when we try to open an app or safari it says there is no connection. Here are the things we have tried:
We called the internet company to make sure that we are receiving a signal from them. It was determined but plugging into our Xbox, that our connection is good.
We tried to restablisb the connection by unplugging the modem and the router, then restarting in that order.
Everything has been “reset” using the button.
Everything has been unplugged for awhile and tried again.
It’s been smacked in the side like an old computer.
I’ve pointed the antemnas directly at my phone.

Nothing seems to be working. If you have any advice, please help. Bedtime is going to be a nightmare for my kids if they don’t have Netflix on their tv. Thanks in advance- Amanda

From what you posted the wifi from signal seems to be there missing the internet since you said that you connect your devices but get a no internet warning when launch your browser's.

Have you tried a hardwired computer to the router's lan ports to see if the internet returns?

If it does not return try the connecting to the modem next if it returns then you have lost the lock between the modem and router could be the router having a issue, if you rebooted the network from the modem all the way to the computer and other devices.

Remember let the modem fully reboot before normally about two minutes powering the router up about the same amount of time to allow the devices to find them selves in the correct order.

Message 3 of 3