Nighthawk R7000 power light orange

bigbenwilby
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 power light orange

Hi, I have a Netgear R7000 and recently tried to set it up as a wirless wifi extender, i followed the destructions from teh netgear manual and when i applied all nothing happend i lost the internet from the router an the power light went orange, and due to loosing the connection to the router iv not been able to get in to the settings menu from it.

Iv tried re setting it to the factory settings to try again but all i get now is an orange power light, it will then flash all the ethernet connection lights up breifly as well as the  WPS button an WIFI button as if its resetting it self and then goes back to a solid orange light on the power light. how can i re set it back to factory settings? 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk R7000 power light orange

press and hold the reset button for 10-15 secs. make sure you see the power light responding( it will turn on and off) then release the reset button.

wait for the power light to be solid before accessing the router's page to reconfigure 

when setting up wireless repeating,

> make sure the main router's wireless is working fine by successfully connecting your wireless client to it with the right credentials

> make sure you select the right security type when setting up the wireless repeating function of R7000 

Message 2 of 6
bigbenwilby
Aspirant

iv done that i dont know how many times, when i hit the reset button nothing happens i hold it in for 10 seconds up to 2 mins and nothing happens. i have a solid orange light on the power all the time and unless i have a ethernet cable plugged in to one of the lan ports then thats all thats lit. after about 5 mins it looks as if it tries to re set it self and all the lights come on breifly (White) then go off and i go straight back to the orange power light. iv plugged it in via a ethernet cable to my computer an accessed my main router (Linking the two routers together) and looked for the IP address of this R7000 and it has nothing showing in my modems connections.

Message 3 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

sorry i mean solid white before accessing the router ui. if always turns orange power light try uploading the fw through TFTP.

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using TFTP

after step 3 i suggest you ping the router's IP first 

- if responding - go to the next step 

- if not responding call NETGEAR for hardware replacement if under warranty

Click thumbs up if the answer is helpful. 

Message 4 of 6
bigbenwilby
Aspirant

thanks.

im no IT guru so not shore how to ping it if im honest an i use Mac as well, iv followed the destructions on the link you sent an still get the solid orange light not shore if im doing it right though? the TFTP failed to connect. i dont have the technacal support as its over 90 days old but its still with in its 2 year warranty so there getting a call! 

Message 5 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

welcome. 

remember to set the IPv4 back to "Using DCHP" if u set it to static

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation