Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 problems

etc11392
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 problems

Good evening,
It's my first time posting on this website. I hope. Not breaking any rules or community guidelines but I need some assistance.

Lately my Nighthawk R7000 has been displaying an amber light on the far left side. I've gone through all the different troubleshooting methods and still can figure out what's up. Basically, after resetting everything, it turns back on, takes about a minute for the white lights to start flashing, I get internet for about 2 minutes, and then the orange light just comes back on with nothing else illuminated. Could it be time to get a new router?

Thanks for the help.
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 problems

so the power light turns amber? 

Have you checked to make sure you're using the right power supply? I've seen them swapped with a modem and will have enough power to boot but not operate. 

Message 2 of 4
Kitsap
Master

And - make sure the power supply is plugged in fully (both ends).  Maybe a problem with the AC receptacle or a power strip?

Message 3 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

It could also mean your power adapter is not giving enough juice to the router, and might be starting to go bad. Usually its a bad capacitor inside the power adapter.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7