Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000 + Arlo firmware

SnakeMan
Tutor

Nighthawk R7000 + Arlo firmware

I am considering the purchase of a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router to replace a Netgear WNDR4500 router that I currently own.  I also own a ARLO security system with it's own base station which is one of the principal reasons for considering the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router.  My question is does anyone know if Netgear is dropping support of the ARLO cameras from the Nighthawk R7000 router?  The latest firmware version is V1.0.7.2 which clearly states that it does not support ARLO.  The comments of the ARLO forums indicate that beta firmware version 1.0.6.X supports the ARLO cameras  and yet looking at the support page for the Nighthawk R7000 I do not see any firmware versions 1.0.6.X available for download from their firmware page (I was able to obtain firmware version 1.0.6.54 from a dropbox link that a user had posted) so it looks to me like Netgear is dropping support for ARLO from the Nighthawk R7000.  It that is true then I will consider buying a different Nighthawk router and continue using my base station with my ARLO network.  Assuming that Netgear is going to continue supporting ARLO on the Nighthawk R7000, is the beta firmware version 1.0.6.54 stable and when is a final version of the ARLO supporting firmware going to be released?       

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi SnakeMan,

The R7000 will no longer be supporting Arlo cameras. You may need to use your base station for it to work.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

2 cents on Arlo

It was added to a three plus year old peace of hardware which caused major grief for a majority group of users who wanted nothing to do with arlo. I doubt it will be back in a r7000 but hey I'm just guessing.

Message 2 of 5
jguerdat
Guru

Yup, it's hard to say if/when the production release of firmware that includes Arlo support will be available but here's the latest beta that was posted here (but the thread and link was removed later).  Use at your own risk but I've had no issues with it.  It's recommended to factory reset the current setup, flash and reset again.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4960473/R7000-V1.0.6.54_1.2.3.chk

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi SnakeMan,

The R7000 will no longer be supporting Arlo cameras. You may need to use your base station for it to work.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 5
SnakeMan
Tutor

JamesGL,

Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the Nighthawk R7000.  Since it will no longer support Arlo cameras then I will purchase a newer model of the Nighthawk line of routers and continue to use my base station for my cameras.

SnakeMan

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7