Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 wifi not working

hinatakai
Follower

Nighthawk R7000 wifi not working

As the title says my Nighthawk R7000 is not working with wireless. Ethernet functions just fine, I've tried a factory reset and that worked for 30 ish minutes but stopped after that. I've tried rebooting and I've tried holding the wifi button for 7 seconds. I haven't had this for that long so it's kinda frustrating that it's messing up like this. Any help?

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk R7000 wifi not working

@hinatakai wrote:

As the title says my Nighthawk R7000 is not working with wireless.

What do you see when this happens? Does the SSID disappear? Do devices refuse to connect?

Are the WiFi LEDs on?

Remember, the WiFi LED is also a switch.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7