Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000

jnt2112
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000

I can connect to internet directly by ethernet cable but absolutely nothing will connect thru wifi. It always says incorrect password even though I have done a reset twice and also tried changing the password. And yes before you ask I have checked spelling etc many times.  Going nuts here someone please help.

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000

Hi treball,

It is how NETGEAR routers work. It should be connected to the modem for Internet to work.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Did you change the router SSID's, or are you using the default NG SSID's? Are you changing the wifi passphrase, or the router login password?..

Message 2 of 11
jnt2112
Aspirant

Using all default info as far as SSID'S , passphrase and internet wifi password but I did change the router login password

Message 3 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi jnt2112,

Try changing the SSID and password of your wireless network.

Message 4 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi jnt2112,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 5 of 11
netwrks
Master

Never use default passwords, or passphrases, as you are setting your self up for a possible router / wifi compromise, from the outside world. If anyone in Internet land would use your wireless network, or router, for anything malicious, by law, you are responsible. In this case, ignorance is not bliss. So, be sure to set a strong router login passwod, and a strong wifi passphrase. Don't give out password out to anyone (of course family would need your wifi passphrase). If you do give it out, to other than family, then make sure you change ASAP..

Message 6 of 11
treball
Aspirant

hello i'm having the same issues i think..... i've tried setting this thing up more than onces and keep getting the same results... i can connect to my internet with the wired cable after the smart wizard setup, everything is working fine ! but when i disconnect it to set it up in the place i wanna put it to get a stronger signal for my wifi, theirs no signal for internet connection for wifi use at all.... i have to leave it connect to the modem for it to work, and this defeats the whole purpose of having this router.... please let me know if i'm missing some steps or do i have to keep it connected to my modem for this router to work !

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 7 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi treball,

The router should always be connected to the modem for it to have an internet connection. That is how the setup works.

Message 8 of 11
treball
Aspirant

oh ok... i thought it was one of those routers where you didnt need to be connected to keep running....
Message 9 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi treball,

It is how NETGEAR routers work. It should be connected to the modem for Internet to work.

Message 10 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi treball,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7