Nighthawk R7000

MakadeV
Follower

Nighthawk R7000

Alright, well where to begin. Every since I got my nighthawk, AT LEAST once a day, my connection just drops. I usually just restart my Nighthawk and my modem which I don't know if it fixes it but it makes me think I do atleast. So anyway today, same problem but this time it happened back to back, it dropped, it started working for a max of 5 minutes then drops again. I go in there cause now I'm even more pissed it's interrupting my gaming, so this time I just decide to unplug every bite to both my router and modem. Plug them all back in and the modem starts up just fine but for some reason, my nighthawk isn't putting out a connection anymore. The light saying it has one is on but that's it. The only two lights that are lit on my nighthawk are the power light and the connection light. And if you could also maybe help with the fact that my connection just likes to drop out of nowhere at the most random and inconvenient times. Please help😥😥
Message 1 of 3
IrvSp
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7000

@MakadeV wrote:
Alright, well where to begin. Every since I got my nighthawk, AT LEAST once a day, my connection just drops. I usually just restart my Nighthawk and my modem which I don't know if it fixes it but it makes me think I do atleast. So anyway today, same problem but this time it happened back to back, it dropped, it started working for a max of 5 minutes then drops again. I go in there cause now I'm even more pissed it's interrupting my gaming, so this time I just decide to unplug every bite to both my router and modem. Plug them all back in and the modem starts up just fine but for some reason, my nighthawk isn't putting out a connection anymore. The light saying it has one is on but that's it. The only two lights that are lit on my nighthawk are the power light and the connection light. And if you could also maybe help with the fact that my connection just likes to drop out of nowhere at the most random and inconvenient times. Please help😥😥

Other than saying your connection dropped you really have not given us much to go on?

Some questions:

• How do you know the connection dropped?
  • What connections are you talking about, modem to router, router to wired devices, router to wireless devices?
  • Can you reach the router with a brower or the Genie App?
  • Is the ROUTER logging enabled? If so. when you do get to the browser do you see the Internet drop listed in the browser?

"I usually just restart my Nighthawk and my modem which I don't know if it fixes it but it makes me think I do atleast."

Did it fix the problem or not?

"so this time I just decide to unplug every bite to both my router and modem. Plug them all back in and the modem starts up just fine but for some reason, my nighthawk isn't putting out a connection anymore. "

You should power EVERYTHING off, the power up the modem, waiting for it to fully come up, then the router waiting for all the lights to come on, and lastly the devices attached to it.

Can  you ACCESS the router with a Browser at this point?

On the router Browser page, what does the Advanced, Internet Port, Connection Status show?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk R7000

And what is the firmware version?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E