• 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Nighthawk R7000

I am having the oddest issues with several Netgear NightHawk R7000 routers. The routers have been working fine for some time and now they nolonger work in giving  Wi-Fi clients access to the internet. The router itself is accessable from the external IP and all looks normal within the router, but clients can not access the internet. Power cycling the router doses not fix the issue. These routers use DHCP to grab an IP from our ISP Shaw. During these outages the IP address does not change and I can still access the router from the external IP.  If I access the router and go to the "Internet" page and without changing anything I press "Apply", the router returns to working properly. The IP does not change. Anyone have any help on this odd issue?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: Nighthawk R7000

@BobMx wrote:

I am having the oddest issues with several Netgear NightHawk R7000 routers. The routers have been working fine for some time and now they nolonger work in giving  Wi-Fi clients access to the internet.

What do the wifi LEDs look like on these devices?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

By the way, your test says R7000 bugt the footer says R7000P.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2