Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000

Fossil45
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000

Just wondering if this router has connection point for VOIP phone. Thanks in advance for any assistance

Model: Dual Band
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk R7000

@Fossil45 wrote:

I have a Netgear Modem/router which has two dedicated phone connections. I just wondered if this router had the same feature.

No. The R7000 is a router. Your unnamed Netgear modem/router is, as the label suggests, also a modem.

If it has phone connections that means that it is probably something like the C7100V, which is a "WiFi Cable Modem Router For XFINITY® Internet & Voice".

If you want to use the R7000, then you can see if your modem/router can do "bridge" (modem only) mode. This is an option on the C7100V.

You will not find a standalone router with "voice". Netgear also makes modem only devices with voice, such as the CM1150V Voice Cable Modem.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

"connection point for voip phone?"
You mean an ethernet port? 

Or are you wanting to use an ISP specific phone setup? 

what device and configuration are you trying to setup? 

You didn't really give us much to go off and "connection point for a voip phone" is just an ethernet connection. 

Message 2 of 5
Fossil45
Aspirant

I am not really on point in these issues. I have a Netgear Modem/router which has two dedicated phone connections. I just wondered if this router had the same feature. Thank you for your reply to my query

Message 3 of 5

@Fossil45 wrote:

I have a Netgear Modem/router which has two dedicated phone connections. I just wondered if this router had the same feature.

No. The R7000 is a router. Your unnamed Netgear modem/router is, as the label suggests, also a modem.

If it has phone connections that means that it is probably something like the C7100V, which is a "WiFi Cable Modem Router For XFINITY® Internet & Voice".

If you want to use the R7000, then you can see if your modem/router can do "bridge" (modem only) mode. This is an option on the C7100V.

You will not find a standalone router with "voice". Netgear also makes modem only devices with voice, such as the CM1150V Voice Cable Modem.

Message 4 of 5
Fossil45
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your reply. It is so helpful to a no clue person like myself.

Currently I have an Enhanced Hybrid LTE Gateway. Model No: NL1901ACV

At least I now understand that a modem and a router are two different things.

Once again I thank you for your help

Regards

Bill

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7