Re: Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Not Listing All Connected Devices

Fredley
Guide

Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Not Listing All Connected Devices

My Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 router fails to list all connected devices on the Basic > Attached Devices screen or the Access Control screen. Has anyone else encountered this limitation and know how to get the router to list all connected devices?

In my situation, only 12 devices are showing, and I have 19 currently connected. I'm accessing the list through a browser (192.168.1.1) on a connected PC. I've tried multiple different browsers - so not the browser. I've refreshed the list and logged out multiple times - neither helped. I've disconnected devices and the list stayed at the same 12. I've tried to manage the list through the Nighthawk app on my iPhone and still only seeing the same 12 devices. I'm running the most current firmware (V1.3.1.44_10.1.23) on the router. There's no button or link on the Attached Devices or Access Control screens to show more connected devices. As far as I can tell, my router is limited to only showing the initial 12 connected devices, not all devices, and this means I'm unable to lock down the router to approvd devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 128
Mushine
Initiate

Excactly the same issue for me with a R7000P, except that the connected devices list appears to be limited to 25 devices (while I have 31 conected through ethernet ports, 2.4 and 5.1 bands).

In addition, the IP address listed in this view are not the right ones (changes defined in "fixed IP module" are in force, and the corresponding devices have the righ IP addresses, but the connected device list is still showing the "old ones")

Looks like the "Connected Devices" tab is "outdated"...

Any clue ?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 2 of 128
ASELLARS
Guide

Consider yourself lucky.  Mine shows zero devices. connected.  Same throught he web tool as well as the app.  I have done most of what you have and still nothing.  Not interested in doing a reset or removing the upgrades to an earlier version.  I just hope they fix it soon.  

Message 3 of 128
sc0ttness
Initiate

Yep, me too - R7000P web dashboard used to but now no longer shows any (nada! zero!) devices in Connected/Attached Devices or the Access Control screen.  I don't have a way of real-time monitoring what devices are using up the bandwidth.  However, the NetgearGenie app (Mac) does show my connected devices but the interface is so clunky and does not display attached devices in a useful list format, that it doesn't really help me much.  Please fix it, Netgear.

Message 4 of 128
David4
Tutor

Same issue here.  Attached devices list on all apps and the admin page are all blank.  Worked a couple days ago but now nada.  Also, unable to "ADD" a device to the static IP list.  Again, was able to a couple days ago.  Frustrating.  Especially considering the money I have paid for this wireless router and the cable modem.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 128
ASELLARS
Guide

To add....a troubling aspect of this is that Circle will not connect and therefore there are no parental controls being implemented on connected devices.  Found that out after seeing some troubling content on my 9 years old's device.

Message 6 of 128
Chris47
Tutor

Same issue for me. Showing 0 devices.

Message 7 of 128
Snjperman
Initiate

same issue here, on latest firmware V1.3.1.44_10.1.23 and unable to communicate with the 2nd router.

Message 8 of 128
ASELLARS
Guide

Same for me after the resent release.

Message 9 of 128
David4
Tutor

They sent me a beta release with a fix. It worked.
Message 10 of 128
Chris47
Tutor

Hello, is there a way you could attach the beta firmware to this thread?

I did not have the patience to wait for the solution and purchased something else but would feel better selling it with this issue resolved.

Have to mention that I had a lot of trouble with this model for the year I had it...

anyway, thanks for sharing the solution and have a great day.

Message 11 of 128
ASELLARS
Guide

A link to the beta release would be great if possible.  Otherwise, what do I need to do to get them to send it to me?

Message 12 of 128
shelliwo
Aspirant

My R7000P lists only one device. Please send me the link with firmware.

Message 13 of 128
Fredley
Guide

Hi all. I'm the original poster on this thread. I can only confirm that my situation has worsened, whereby none of my connected devices are now listed. Which means I'm unable to implement security measures to protect my family and my network as I intended when I purchased this expensive piece of equipment.

Netgear -- if you're reading this -- you really need to respond to the community either with information or with a firmware update or you'll soon be turning loyal customers into strident advocates for your competitors.

Message 14 of 128
Glitchfixin
Tutor

I am having the exact same as you. Zero network devices connected. I noticed it 2 days ago. I was watching a movie on Netflix and lost connection to  my 5GHz ap.  I could reconnect for maybe 30 seconds and I would lose connection again. Did hard reset to router and completed setup. I am not having connection issues  anymore, but network devices connected  is still saying 0.

Hardware Version R7000P

Firmware Version V1.3.1.44_10.1.23

GUI Language Version V1.3.1.44_2.1.38.1
Message 15 of 128
ASELLARS
Guide

Called Netgear today.  Long story short: They had me go to Advanced -> Administration -> Backup Settings -> Revert to Factory Default Settings and complete that.  I had to re-setup my router and the firmware is the latest (V1.3.1.44_10.1.23) but everything seems to be working now.

Message 16 of 128
squirtst
Guide

Is there anyway to get the Beta firmware that could fix this issue? Today my router was limited to 27 devices showing in the attached devices with obvious omissions, did a reboot and now I get 0. Very irritating as I had to do a full factory reset a month ago for another issue and I'm not about to do a factory reset every month to keep this thing functional.

Haven't had this for a full year yet and it have had too many issues. I think this will be my last Netgear router.

Message 17 of 128
ASELLARS
Guide

AANNNNDDDD...we are back to having the same problem.  Worked for about 3 days and how shows zero devices.

Message 18 of 128
Fredley
Guide

ASELLARS, thanks for the updates. I had been considering again reverting my router back to Factory Default Settings based on your experience from a few days ago, but your post this morning shows that would just be a waste of time. Until Netgear publishes an update to the firmware it's just a crapshoot with a factory reset, whereby a user might see an improvement initially (or might not) and then a few days later the glitch in the current firmware takes root and wipes out the device listings. I've had my Nighthawk router for about two months and have seen no progress from Netgear on a firmware upgrade. I think I'll give them until the end of the month and if there's no firmware upgrade by then I'll return my router through Amazon, leave appropriate feedback and move on to a different vendor.

Message 19 of 128
davidl77
Aspirant

Me too I have the same problem.

Firmware is:

V1.3.1.44_10.1.23

Message 20 of 128
Hoosierjay
Initiate

I am not showing any connected devices either

Message 21 of 128
vladashram
Initiate

Having this issue, shows 0 devices connected. On Firmware V1.3.1.44_10.1.23. Tried to reflash, reset, etc with no fix lasting more than a couple hours. Anyone have access to the beta firmware please contact me, or if you know of another permanent fix.
Message 22 of 128
Hoosierjay
Initiate

Did the factory reset.   Never thought the integration of the Bit Defender software was well done.   Did not reinstall it after the reset in case it was the problem.  After a few hours it was  back to zero devices.   Range never had seemed adequate either - had to install a repeater in a small house.   Signal to my Firesticks dropped occasionally each day and I would have to start programs over again.   Started researching competitors and ordered an ASUS RT-AC68U.   What a difference!!!!   Much greater range and easy GUI.   No longer needed the repeater and no more dropped signal.  Retired the Netgear.    Problem solved.

Message 23 of 128
Chris47
Tutor

Funny, did the exact same thing and purchase this Asus model as well. Very satisfied! Bye bye netgear support
team (if you exist)
Message 24 of 128
Wysockij
Aspirant

I also have the same issue, cannot see any attached devices, I would like the beta firmware please, can a netgear PM me? Thanks!

Message 25 of 128
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements