Re: Nighthawk R7000P AC2300 Not Listing All Connected Devices

maxplanar2
Guide

Hi Eugene,

On the connected devices front, all appears to be stable and working well.   All devices show up and stay present.   All good there.

But like you, I struggle to understand exactly what's wrong with the 5Ghz network.   When it works, it works well and I get good throughput.   But it's unreliable and my devices can often struggle to maintain a solid connection with it, even within very short range.   It seems very hard to diagnose, but one thing IS clear - attaching any network extender (I've tried three different brands) always seems to make things worse.   This problem has existed with this router since I got it, no matter which firmware version.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 126 of 128
MrProcess
Tutor

That seems to be the difference MaxPlanar2. When I upgraded from a WNDR3700 to the R7000P, with improved coverage,I found I no longer needed to use an extender and have left it turned off. I generally have not had any issues with the 5GHz network. Eugene and you with an extender do get issues. The R7000P does not seem to cope with an extender.

I do have an old WG602 as a client access point (not extender), on 2.4GHz, to connect a device by ethernet but that doesnt seem to be an issue. Except the Genie app struggles to struggle showing the IP of the AP vs the connected device.

Is it more stable if you dont use the extender?

Message 127 of 128
Mcigu
Initiate

Dont bother with instalation... all same crap.

Same problem with attached device list - devices are missing

Smart connect - if enabled connections are not stable and they keep dropping off

Netgear doesnt care about that or hardvare is total crap. I am buying other brand

Message 128 of 128
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements