Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000P - Disconnects and QOS

bjohnson38
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P - Disconnects and QOS

So I purchased a Nighthawk router from Costco before moving overseas to Korea.  I have 1Gbps internet here but was having problems with disconnects playing Diablo 3 (RIP my HC characters) and more particularly COD Warzone.  I would play every weekend morning with my buddies back in the States, and right around the 2 hour mark I would get disconnected from the servers.  I did some Googlefu and came across a post of someone saying when they activated the QOS on their router the disconnects stopped.  I gave it a try, and sure enough we can game together with no problems.

The issue is I also read that QOS is unnecessary with faster internet, and for sure I'm seeing my speed not reaching capacity.  When speed testing directly into the modem we see the full 1 Gpbs, but through the router only about 700-800 Mbps.

Since I have at least solved the disconnect issue, it's not THAT big of a deal.  But my question is why does the QOS stop my disconnects, and is there any other way I can get the same result without losing some of my speed?

Thanks for any and all help!

Nighthawk R7000P

Firmware: V1.3.1.64_10.1.36

Windows 10 Pro

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7