Nighthawk R7000P Not detecting internet connection, etc.

BootMane
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P Not detecting internet connection, etc.

So I recently purchased the Nighthawk XR500 Gaming Router, and before that I used the R7000P Nighthawk. I got my XR500 setup with DumaOS and everything else had no issues. I thought I would make use of the old router (R7000P) and make it to where any WiFi connections would go to the R7000P and I had turned off the wifi for my XR500 and had both my PC's plugged in via enternet into the XR500. So with this setup I had just my gaming devices on the XR500 wired in no wifi on that router, and the R7000P was in AP (access point mode) and had been running smoothly until today. Just randomly stop transmitting wifi, if I am wired in directly to the router it will work, but no wifi connection whatsoever. I've tried doing a hard reset on the router and restarted the modem, unplugged it etc. Everytime I get to the set up wizard on the R7000P it just says "Problem Detecting the Internet Connection" I've tried all the suggestions still cant seem to even get the internet working now on the R7000P
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk R7000P Not detecting internet connection, etc.

You may need to contact support if the R7000P is still under warranty.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E