Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000P VPN does not seem to be compatible with the current (2021) version of OpenVPN

Eddie_Stevens
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P VPN does not seem to be compatible with the current (2021) version of OpenVPN

I have a Nighthawk R7000P and have been using the VPN feature for quite some time to access my office network from home using OpenVPN. I recently got a new home computer and tried to set up the VPN connection using the instructions provided in the advanced section of the router configuration. I downloaded and installed OpenVPN per the instructions, but the currentl release of OpenVPN is quite different than the one I installed a year ago on my previous home computer. OpenVPN will not accept the configuration file generated by the Nighthawk R7000P router. Is there a work-around? Should I try to find an old release of OpenVPN? Is the VPN feature basically useless on the Nighthawk R7000P now that the current (2021) version of OpenVPN will not accept the Nighthawk R7000P configuration files? The VPN feature used to work great. Do I have to get a different router? Any help would be appreciated.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7