Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000P Wifi connection problems using windows 10, all other devices work fine

DavidReady
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P Wifi connection problems using windows 10, all other devices work fine

As stated in the subjust line: Nighthawk R7000P Wifi connection problems using windows, all other devices work fine.

I have two Dell Laptops (one running Win10 and the other is Win7) Both have issues connectng to my Nighthawk R7000P router.  The only fix is to reset the network adapter, then it will connect.  It actually connects to the SSID but says no internet available.

Both computers work normal using several other routers in other locations using DHCP to connect.  

All my other devices, MAC laptop, iphones, tablets, Apple TV, HP & Canon printers, Ring, etc... work and connect fine.

It appears some sort of problem with Windows or Dell using this router.  Computers in question work fine on other Netgear routers.

Router has current firmware, computers have all installed updates. I did hardwire (LAN) to the router and it works fine, understand it's a different adaptor on not using WiFi. 

When I run the diags from MS Windows, It shows that there is a invalid IP configuration.  Once it is reset, it works fine.  It's almost like the router's DHCP is not giving out a released IP address. 

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk R7000P Wifi connection problems using windows 10, all other devices work fine

@DavidReady wrote:

I have two Dell Laptops (one running Win10 and the other is Win7) Both have issues connectng to my Nighthawk R7000P router.  The only fix is to reset the network adapter, then it will connect.  It actually connects to the SSID but says no internet available.

Smells like a problem in Windows.

@DavidReady wrote:

When I run the diags from MS Windows, It shows that there is a invalid IP configuration.  Once it is reset, it works fine. 

Which diagnostics in Windows? There are several "wizards".

Try running the Network Troubleshooter in Windows.

Start here:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

I'd also look into whatever Windows drivers there are for these unnamed wifi clients.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7