Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000P loses internet connection every couple of days

blightstrider
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P loses internet connection every couple of days

Had my R7000P for two years now with no issues.  But within the last two months or so, it has started dropping the internet connection every couple of days.  My devices will see its networks, but not be able to connect.  A reboot solves the issue.  Firmware is most recent as of 10/22: V1.3.1.64_10.1.36.  

It is running smartconnect and a guest network.  QoS is off.  Otherwise most settings are default.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
Buffnav
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000P loses internet connection every couple of days

I have a 7000p, out of warranty, Firmware updates seem to make it worse, not better.   I have about 20-30 devices using the system.   Drops internet, but the modem is fine and hasn't stopped delivering internet to the router.   Reboot the router... see?  Now it works!  Fails again in the middle of my son's college finals, just reboot.  See?  Now it works again!  middle of my engineering meeting with employees it stops working... no problem... just reboot!  Now it works!   Had a similar issue with another netgear router.  Come to think of it, two other routers.

So far, best solution I have heard for this R7000P -after changing the firmware backwards and forwards too many times to count and following other online tips and tricks-  came from a IT associate who works multiple platfoprms/networks for me:

QUIT WAISTING TIME ON JUNK NETGEAR ROUTERS.  Add the R7000p to the pile of other junked NETGEAR products I have and go with a different manufacturer.   

I didn't pay for a router so I could spend time conversing with tech support provided by a foreign country, so I could work toward becoming an IT technician, or so I could get exercise running back and forth to the router to reboot.    Goodbye, Netgear community.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7