Nighthawk R7000P slow speeds

Nighthawk R7000P slow speeds

I and many others are having an issue where this router will slow to a crawl in terms of throughput. For me it happens every couple of days. A reset fixes the problem but then it returns. I am hoping to hear from Netgear staff on if they are working to correct this issue. I would like to turn their attention to this thread; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/Netgear-R7000-Slow-Internet-Speed-Our-Fix-SO...  which is quite old but still has very recent replies. This thread should not be marked as "solved" since reverting to old firmware is not a fix, it is a band-aid. Especially when firmware updates fix security flaws in routers, I really would not like to revert my firmware.

Can someone from Netgear please look into this problem? I have been running the latest firmware since release but this problem only just begun a month ago. I have verified that connecting my devices directly to the modem I achieve full speed. It is only when connected to the router that the download speed drops to 1 Mbps and the ping increases to 200-500 ms.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8
lucent616
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000P slow speeds

Having the same problem. Really frustrating.

Message 2 of 8
reinisb
Guide

I’m also having the same issue. Wifi speed is terrible. Only restar fixes it after it again gets slow in a couple of hours. I’m on V1.3.1.64_10.1.36
Message 3 of 8
ottis81
Tutor

I have the same exact issue, and will be replacing my Netgear Nighthawk with an Asus or TPLink.  Over the years, I've bought about 20 Netgear routers, and now their hardware and firmware is JUNK.

My speed goes down somewhere between 0-15, and when I factory reset the router, I get it back up to full speed, 400, but that only lasts for a little while.

I bought mine 2 1/2 years ago.  For what I paid, it should last WAY longer than that.

I can't even log into my Router anymore, I get a webpage that says I need to be connected to WiFI.

You'd think with all the issues Netgeaer would have a fix, and pretty fast at that, but NOPE.  They just don't care.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 4 of 8
redfox65
Initiate

I'm replacing my R7000P today - just can't take it anymore. I've had it over a year and it's been nothing but slow and inconsistant speeds. I just ran a test bypassing the nighthawk router on my hardwired desktop and my download speed was 450 mbps. When the connection goes through the nighthawk my hardwire speed is 125 mbps. This thing is junk!! 

Message 5 of 8

What bothers me too is Netgear doesn't even seem concerned with updating the router or fixing any problems. With the most recent security vulnerability fixed it seemed like they pushed a firmware update to every router BUT the r7000p! Even the regular and lower tiered r7000 got an update!

I don't get it.
Message 6 of 8
j0hnrolf
Aspirant

I also am experiencing the same problem (slow download speeds on wireless devices 5-25Mbps).  Netgear has been less than accomodating in fixing the problem.  My Nighthawk is less than one year old, but outside the warranty window where they will provide telephone support.  I shouldn't have to pay for extended support on a product less than one year old that isn't performing as expected.  I'll probably move to a competitor if this isn't fixed soon.

Message 7 of 8
redfox65
Initiate

Update: First, I had Xfinity come out to check my line- everything was fine. I then bought and installed a TP Link ax6000 (not cheap) and we are now getting 500 mbps on our hard wired desktop and 200 to 400 mbps on everything using WiFi around the house. I’m throwing my nighthawk away so no one else has to suffer 🙂
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E