Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000P wont work with LG TV unless connected directly

SirloinSteak239
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000P wont work with LG TV unless connected directly

I have: Verizon Fios, Netgear R7000P, LG OLED C8 (WEbOS) TV

If I connect the ethernet cable from the Verizon Fios ONT directly to the WAN port on the Nighthawk, then connect a lan port to the patch panel and connect the TV to the associated outlet, the router will not connect the TV to the internet. The TV shows it is connected to the router but not the internet.

If i move the router into the living area, connect the Verizon ONT directly to the patch panel, then put the Nighthawk router between the wall outlet and TV everything works perfectly.

Wireless internet works perfectly in either configuration.

what could i be doing wrong? I've been wrining my hands over this for a couple weeks, any help is apperciated.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nighthawk R7000P wont work with LG TV unless connected directly

@SirloinSteak239 wrote:

If I connect the ethernet cable from the Verizon Fios ONT directly to the WAN port on the Nighthawk, then connect a lan port to the patch panel and connect the TV to the associated outlet, the router will not connect the TV to the internet. The TV shows it is connected to the router but not the internet.

Seems to me that the "patch panel", whatever that is, may be getting in the way.

But my knowledge of that sort of thing is limited. I chip in mostly to suggest that you  might get more readers, and comments, in the appropriate section of this community.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to DSL Modems & Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies

@SirloinSteak239 wrote:

Seems to me that the "patch panel", whatever that is, may be getting in the way.

But my knowledge of that sort of thing is limited. I chip in mostly to suggest that you  might get more readers, and comments, in the appropriate section of this community.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to DSL Modems & Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 3
SirloinSteak239
Aspirant

Thank You. I have moved my post to the appropiate forum. Appreciate you putting me on the right track!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7