Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7000P wont work with LG TV unless connected directly

SirloinSteak239
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000P wont work with LG TV unless connected directly

I have:Netgear R7000P, Fios (ONT located in hall closet with patch panel to reach outlets in varios rooms), LG OLED C8 (WEbOS) TV

If I connect the ethernet cable from the Verizon Fios ONT directly to the WAN port on the Nighthawk, then connect a lan port to the patch panel and connect the TV to the associated outlet, the router will not connect the TV to the internet. The TV shows it is connected to the router but not the internet.

If i move the router into the living area, connect the Verizon ONT directly to the patch panel, then put the Nighthawk router between the wall outlet and TV everything works perfectly.

Wireless internet works perfectly in either configuration.

what could i be doing wrong? I've been wrining my hands over this for a couple weeks, any help is apperciated.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Does the FIOS modem have a built-in router? if so you would need to put it in modem only mode or put the Nighthawk router in AP mode.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
SirloinSteak239
Aspirant

No, I'm not using a fios modem per se. The fios ONT is set up in "bring your own device" mode with just one ethernet cable coming out and connecting to the WAN port on the router. 

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 3 of 4

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7