Re: Nighthawk R7000P

Charlotte_2018
Follower

Nighthawk R7000P

Does anyone know why my R7000 drops wifi almost hourly with the last two firmware updates?
Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Have you tried a factory reset and manual re-install? Anytime you have issues after a firmware change, this is the first step to try. 

what firmware are you currently on? (don't say the latest)

what modem is it connected to? 

is the wifi shutting off, is it just disconnecting, is it saying "connected but no internet", what exactly is going on? be specific and go into details. Its tough to help with minimal info. 

CM2000-> RAXE500-> GS716v2-> WAX218-> EX8000
Message 2 of 3

@Charlotte_2018 wrote:
Does anyone know why my R7000 drops wifi almost hourly with the last two firmware updates?

Not without more information.

R7000 or R7000P?

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

This is a nuisance because you then have to reconfigure the device all over again.

You can backup your settings before you reset and restore them later. But that may just bring back the fault. Then again, at least you will know if the reset fixed the problem.

The factory reset is more a "witchcraft" move than a technically informed solution, but it does seem to fix problems, especially on the wifi front.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements