Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7100LG Disconnects Hourly

AJTheo
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7100LG Disconnects Hourly

Hello,

I have the R7100LG and have the following issue.

ISSUE: The internet connection interrupts for 2 seconds then reconnects *every hour exactly*.

As a result I am kicked from online services I have to wait for the reconnection. This issue is particularly annoying when using microsoft teams for work or when watching streaming videos (it pauses 2/3 seconds then restarts) or playing video games (I get kicked out of the game).

- The interruption occurs exactly every 1 hour so far the only way I've been able to manage it is to reset the router bang on the hour e.g. 13:00 so that the dropout occurs at a known time.

- I use 4G/LTE connection only (no DSL)

- Firmware version: V1.0.0.72_1.0.6

- I tried reboot and factory reset

- I tried with both WIFI and Ethernet, I have the issue with both across multiple devices 

- I tried with another SIM card (from a different ISP), I have the same issue

- I tried to use the same SIM card on my mobile phone, I have full bars and 4G  where my router isand when I hotspotted off my phone the connection was stable for the 4 hours I tested it for.

I've seen similar issues have been reported a number of times before but I couldn't find any solutions. I've tried posting on the netgear subreddit but I didn't get any solutions there either.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7100LG Disconnects Hourly

The router isn't connected to any other modems is it? Just using the SIM card? 

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Any other wifi broadcast devices near by? 

FYI, Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Mobile Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with mobile routers and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/bd-p/aircard

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 2 of 4
AJTheo
Aspirant

Hi,

Nope its just using the SIM card.

No other wifi neighbours or devices that broadcast wifi nearby, out in the countryside so 4G is the only option.

Thanks for the link to the forum I'll post there too to see if anyone knows of any solution.

Cheers

AJ

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos