Nighthawk R7100LG Drops Connection

stakadush
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7100LG Drops Connection

Hello,

I'm having serious issues with this router / modem. It keeps disconnecting from the Internet at least 2 times a day. Wifi works but not Internet. Also sometimes when I try to access the admin panel I get an updating settings screen with a progress bar. The only way I can get the Internet back is by restarting the router. I'm on the latest firmware V1.0.0.48_1.0.6.

I'm about to send it back to Amazon but wanted to see if you have a solution before I do. Hope you do cause I like this router but it's impossible with all these disconnects.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Model: R7100LG|Nighthawk 4G LTE Modem Router
Message 1 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk R7100LG Drops Connection

Have you tried to factory reset the unit?

https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

DarrenM

Message 2 of 9
stakadush
Aspirant

Hey Darren,

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I had to reset it twice for it to work and then it started connecting but this morning I woke up to it not working again, and after 2 reboots (one through the admin UI and one physical) it still doesn't connect ... 

I have only 1 week left on my return voucher to Amazon so hopefully you can help me solve this before, otherwise I'll have to send it back, it's too expensive for a machine I have to reboot at least once a day.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Are you using the LTE as a provider or a cable/DSL line?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 9
stakadush
Aspirant

I'm using LTE (3G/4G). But I gave up, I'm sending it back today.

Real shame, I was hoping this router would be better than the one provided by my provider but it just gave me headaches this last month. Constant disconnections, just can't work like this.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
BearSWE
Aspirant

Same issue here.....  

V1.0.0.46_1.0.6  Firmware

my Nighthawk MR1100 works fine but i needed a more permanent solution and switch so i bought a R7100LG but the piece of ###*(& loses LTE connection randomly and needs a restart.   Any firmware fix coming soon or is the only solution to returen it and buy another brand Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 9
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello BearSWE

What mobile carrier are you using? how often is the router losing connection?

DarrenM

Message 7 of 9
BearSWE
Aspirant

Tryed diffrent carriers.. but using Telia LTE as preffered.

Firmware .42 works. .46 and .48 dont.
But with .42 i loses remoteaccess with genie and the trafficcounter dosent seem to work.

Still waiting for a fix ........
Message 8 of 9
Elnero
Guide

Same problem here. Firmware 10048. Sometimes drops till 4 times in an hour. Also drops during the night, without traffic. Sometimes recover automaticly after 2-3 minutes till half an hour, most of the time have to restart with Genie , exeptionaly had to reset/reiniciate and even restore factory manualy. Also downloaded and installed latest firmware 3 times. Am following it by log/ hour/email
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E