Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7300 openVPN Client setup

evanr11
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7300 openVPN Client setup

Is it possible to setup the R7300 as a VPN Client and have it connect to my VPN server?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7300 openVPN Client setup

To my knowledge, no Nighthawk Genie based router does have the UI to configure one or multiple VPN connection.

We're in the decade of security, privacy, and P2P prohibition ... VPN Services are becoming very popular, and people want to link up multiple sites with Nighthawk routers - because the very good Nighthawk WiFi, deploying el cheepo SOHO/SMB routers which are always behind is not an option. And Netgear has ceased from this market years ago already. 

Seriously, Netgear?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

To my knowledge, no Nighthawk Genie based router does have the UI to configure one or multiple VPN connection.

We're in the decade of security, privacy, and P2P prohibition ... VPN Services are becoming very popular, and people want to link up multiple sites with Nighthawk routers - because the very good Nighthawk WiFi, deploying el cheepo SOHO/SMB routers which are always behind is not an option. And Netgear has ceased from this market years ago already. 

Seriously, Netgear?

Message 2 of 3
evanr11
Aspirant

Sad there isn't an out of the box solution...Thanks for your input

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation