Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7500 keeps soft rebooting everyday around the same time.

CaJazzman
Tutor

Nighthawk R7500 keeps soft rebooting everyday around the same time.

I used to have a netgear wireless N 150 WNR 1000 v2 router and it was soft rebooting every day around the same time. So, I thought and was told I needed a new router. So, I went out and bought a Netgear X4 R7500 Nighthawk, which was easy to setup. I, re-formatted my computer, with Windows 10, knowing that it was a fresh and clean pc, and everything works great, then, it also began to soft reboot everyday around the same time as the older router. I've had Comcast out a couple of times, and they tested their side and everything was working great.

So, why and what can I do, about my router from soft re-booting everyday? I've read that, I'm not alone with this issue. Also, I know since I reformatted, there is NO MALWARE, on my pc. Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
LeeH
Prodigy

Re: Nighthawk R7500 keeps soft rebooting everyday around the same time.

I use an UPS with mine and my entertainment center to ensure it stays up during a power outage. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
LeeH
Prodigy

Could it possibly be the power dropping out?

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

When you say soft reboot do you mean the router turns off and on or is it the connection drops? If the connection drops, same with the previous router, connect a computer directly to the modem and observe if connection is stable.

Message 3 of 5
CaJazzman
Tutor

Not sure about the power dropping off, but since I see a couple of the flashing lights to go from white to orange, that maybe be why. Ho would I fix this?
Message 4 of 5
LeeH
Prodigy

I use an UPS with mine and my entertainment center to ensure it stays up during a power outage. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7