Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7500v2 Readyshare

godwentpunk
Tutor

Nighthawk R7500v2 Readyshare

I recently upgraded my wifi router to the latest version and when I did, the ReadyShare will only find 2560 files on my hard-drive, the rest get ommitted from being recongized by any application attaching to the service. The last version that worked fine as 1.0.3.36 and installing 1.0.3.46 broke things.

I am going to try to back-install older versions until I either get one that works or degrade all the way back to 1.0.3.36.

My questions is: Is there some issue with 1.0.3.46 that prevents more than 2560 files from being recongized? Is this a bug or some configuration issue that I need to look at. Did I maybe upgrade further than what my hardware drive (WD MyBook) can handle?

thanks!

joe...

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
godwentpunk
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk R7500v2 Readyshare

So after downgrading to 1.0.3.40 seems to has fixed my issue and now when ReadyShare scans my hard-drive, it is finding all of my files so I'm just going to stay at this verison for now.

I'm not sure if developers monitor this board or not.

joe...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
godwentpunk
Tutor

So after downgrading to 1.0.3.40 seems to has fixed my issue and now when ReadyShare scans my hard-drive, it is finding all of my files so I'm just going to stay at this verison for now.

I'm not sure if developers monitor this board or not.

joe...

Message 2 of 4
godwentpunk
Tutor

To add more detail, I did notice that as the system was reading my files, it appears that things would stop building as it progressed from directory A to B where B had all audio files. ReadyShare created the B directory but it was blank.So, maybe it chocked once it found my first audio file?

I also noticed that the transfer rate of 1.0.3.46 when from 45 MiBs to 15 MiBs so almost 3x slower.

joe...

Message 3 of 4
godwentpunk
Tutor

My last observation:

I decided to perform step upgrades to make sure it was not an issue of going from .36 to .46 at once and I got the same results, .46 hanges once it goes to process my second directory. I'm really not going to try to debug this anymore.... I'll let that to the developers.

joe...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7