Re: Nighthawk R7500v2 Router Drops IPV6 Connection

mseaman1352
Tutor

Nighthawk R7500v2 Router Drops IPV6 Connection

My IPv6 connection drops after about 24 hours on all devices and I lose my IPv6 addresses. This requires me to refresh the status and click apply on the IPv6 setting page. I've tried different settings to no avail. My isp is Comcast. I currently have the "internet connection type" set to DHCP per auto detect. Then I have the DHCP box checked under LAN. Hopefully some assistance an be offered because it's frustrating to have to reset the router every single day just to have IPv6.
Message 1 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi mseaman1352,

Please check your inbox.

Message 2 of 12
mseaman1352
Tutor

I checked my inbox and was asked to sign a waiver and download a beta firmware but neither were provided. When I replied to the message i received no response. So to date, no solution has been provided.
Message 3 of 12
VAK
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem.

VAK

Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router,R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi
Message 4 of 12
robtheone
Star

I have been UNSUCCESSFUL at getting this fixes for some time, and calling NetGear was pointless.  The will not acknowledge that there are issues with Comcast, ipv6 and the R7500v2 router.

Message 5 of 12
mseaman1352
Tutor

I was provided a Beta version of firmware that is supposed to fix the IPv6 dropping issue. I am happy to report that the firmware provided appears to have fixed the issue. It's been over a week since the firmware was installed and my IPv6 connection has been rock solid and has yet to drop.
Message 6 of 12
robtheone
Star

Wow, that is EXCELLENT news!  So are you able to share the download, or what did you have to do to get the beta software?

Message 7 of 12
mseaman1352
Tutor

I don't believe I can directly share the firmware because I was required to sign a non-disclosure agreement before it was provided to me. You would probably have to do the same thing. JamesGL above is who sent it to me so you may want to send him a message requesting the firmware as well.
Message 8 of 12
robtheone
Star

Thank you, thank you!  I shall do just that!  Thd odd thing is when I contacted NetGear support, they told me there were NO issues with the R7500v2 and ipv6.  I will attempt to contact JamesGL as you have suggested.  I appreciate it soooo much!

Message 9 of 12
Kyne
Apprentice

James,

this very problem is still persistent on the current Orbi (RBK50); with IPv6 'dropping' and needing a manual refresh to work every few days.

What's the roadmap to extend this fix and is there beta access to it?

Am on the latest firmware.

Thx

Message 10 of 12
JamesGL
Master

Hi Kyne,

For Orbi, please post it under Orbi board.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Message 11 of 12
Kyne
Apprentice

James,

thanks and will do/did that. Didn't get any response so far (just a lot of views)...

thx

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E